A Garden Beginning

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Wolf Kahn



















These are pastel and oil paintings by Wolf Kahn. I stumbled on a book of his work while at the the public library when I first moved to Flagstaff. I like his use of color and strong shapes, and how his work is built up with subtle layers. Strong and ethereal at the same time.

Here's the weekly writing report: I have written for at least a half hour everyday. I now have 16 pages, many more character names, and a clearer vision of the characters and storyline. I'm also reading a great book called "Shut up!" He Explained by William Noble. It's concise and full of examples about how to use dialogue in a story. Thought provoking. Now I just need to practice some of these techniques and learn to use them wisely in my book. For the next couple of weeks I will continue writing for a half hour each day and begin to consider the next step. Take care.



1 Comments:

At 1:05 AM, Blogger Ryann Pinnegar said...

Michael,
I don't know if it is your style, but would you make a post that lists the writing (and/or other) books that you mention in your blogs? I guess I have in mind what I've done with my Good Books and Current Books posts. Something to kind of provide a reference source for literature that you recommend, or writing books that you come across.
~Ryann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home