A Garden Beginning

Saturday, September 30, 2006

A Look at Mount Elden







This first contribution is for my family. I want everyone to see how great the Flagstaff area is. I tried emailing you all pictures, but my email account couldn't handle sending the images due to lack of disc space. These pictures were taken on Mount Elden, one of the warmer and desert-like areas in the Flagstaff area. Sometime when I again go hiking along the San Francisco Peaks I'll take some pictures so you'll see that Flagstaff isn't much of a desert at all; it's pine and aspen forests and the mountains are filled with wildflowers. There are even swards of bracken fern--reminds me of home. So don't let these pictures fool you into thinking that all of Flagstaff is this dry.

The trees in these pictures are mostly Ponderosa Pine, Alligator Juniper, and Gambel Oak. The last two pictures are upclose looks at the flower (notice all of the beetles) and seed head of the Apache Plume shrub.

4 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Ryann Pinnegar said...

Beautiful!

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, you have a lot of plants. Great pictures! I usually hate blogs because people can be so fake in them, but you may have renewed my faith. Yea, I just got rid of myspace and am in the process of getting rid of facebook but I'm starting to reconsider. Well anyways, this is your study buddy's little sister. ( :
Keep up the good blogging!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Gardener of La Mancha said...

Thanks "anonymous." Be sure to let me know where to find your blog if you're keeping one.

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That "Japan" area cries out for a blanket and bottle of wine, ¿Que no?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home